A Family Food Festival: Making Good Food Fun
Jack London Square, Oakland
Doof is on the back burner this year but will re-heat itself into a tasty meal in Spring of 2013. We'll keep you posted...
The annual DooF-a-Palooza, a free admission, food and family festival for children and adults of all ages takes place at beautiful Jack London Square. Like the wildly successful prior two festivals held at Google Headquarters, DooF-a-Palooza, a food-backwards, table-to-source, food educational experience, includes contests, games, entertainment and fun hands-on activities with growers, chefs, purveyors, businesses, and cookbook authors all filmed and streamed live online.
15,000-20,000 people discover first-hand how the Bay Area’s best food purveyors, farmers, and organizations called ‘Sourcerers’ bring their magic to our tables. Be a Sourcerer! We encourage all DooF-a-Palooza participants to become Sourcerers and share in the journey of food from its source. Everyone gets to play in the fun!
A few of the more popular activities at DooF-a-Paloozas:
- Doof Sourcerer’s World – The Place to Play with Your Food
- IDooF: The Media Zone – Kid Video Blogging, Food Animation, Books and Interviews with Authors and Chefs, Parents Press, Childhood Matters, Radio Disney
- Doof Kitchen: Main Stage – Chef Cook-Offs, Demonstrations, Contests and Challenges! Revolution Foods,
What’s Cooking, Famous Local Chefs, and surprise guests
- Doof with a Chance of Meatballs – Launch a catapult of ‘meatballs’ into a vat of tomato sauce
- Beet the Clock – Race against the clock obstacle course with a swinging foam BEET
- The Big Scavenger Hunt – Find clues at Pacific Coast Farmer’s Market and throughout the event for prizes!
- Mega-Pop Challenge – Make the World’s Most Mammoth Frozen Pop with street food cart Cranky Boots Pops
- Shrimp Splash – Get wet trolling for shrimp, sustainably, with CleanFish
- Coconut Bowling – and you thought regular bowling was tough!
- Braving the Bees – Harvest some honey if you dare from Marshall’s Farm Honey
- The Great Shake Off – Dance and make butter with Organic Valley
- Mask-Making – Use recycled packaging from Clif Kid
- Green Tea Facials – Get green with Aubrey Organics
- The Smucker’s Apple Challenge – Stack apples with Santa Cruz Organic
- Can Do Attitude – Balance on a slack wire with Can Do Kids
Some of the Sponsors of DooF-a-Palooza: Clif Kid, Nature’s Path, Pacific Coast Farmers Market, Newman’s Own Foundation, Easter Seals, Meyer Corp, Port of Oakland, Jack London Square, Circulon, What’s Cooking, Pamela’s Products, Lisannatti Cheese, Aubrey Organics, Shopwell.com, Nature’s Path, and more! DooF-a-Palooza has an expected media reach of over 4 million families.
Produced by Another Bullwinkel Show, DooF-a-Palooza promises to become a signature family food event at Jack London Square. Join us!
Learn more about DooF at www.foodbackwards.com
More Berkeley Events >